Methylphenidate, sold under the trade name Ritalin among others, is a stimulant medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. It is a first line medication for ADHD. It may be taken by mouth or applied to the skin. Different formulations have varying durations of effect. Buy ritaline online.
Common side effects include trouble sleeping, anxiety, and weight loss. More serious side effects may include psychosis, allergic reactions, prolonged erections, abuse, and heart problems. Methylphenidate is believed to work by blocking dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake by neurons. Methylphenidate is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant of the phenethylamine and piperidine classes.
This medication is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD. It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain. Methylphenidate belongs to a class of drugs known as stimulants. It can help increase your ability to pay attention, stay focused on an activity, and control behavior problems. It may also help you to organize your tasks and improve listening skills.
How to use Ritalin La
- Read the Medication Guide provided by your pharmacist before you start taking methylphenidate and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually 2 or 3 times a day. This medication is best taken 30 to 45 minutes before a meal. However, if you have stomach upset, you may take this medication with or after a meal or snack. Taking this medication late in the day may cause trouble sleeping (insomnia).
- Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same times each day.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. Your doctor may direct you to gradually increase or decrease your dose. Also, if you have used it for a long time, do not suddenly stop using this drug without consulting your doctor.
- If you suddenly stop using this medication, you may have withdrawal symptoms (such as depression, suicidal thoughts, or other mental/mood changes). To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may lower your dose slowly. Withdrawal is more likely if you have used methylphenidate for a long time or in high doses. Tell your doctor or pharmacist right away if you have withdrawal.
- When used for a long time, this medication may not work as well. Talk with your doctor if this medication stops working well.
- Though it helps many people, this medication may sometimes cause addiction. This risk may be higher if you have a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol). Take this medication exactly as prescribed to lower the risk of addiction. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.